Friday 7 June 2013

Deborah Brave Klaassen

I've been brave. Very brave indeed.

Those who know me well know all about my hairdresser-dramas, including:

* An overzealous intern that gave me layers to create more volume (what was she thinking?!?);

* An angry pro that took revenge after I hadn't seen him for a year, resulting in a fetching Coupe Frizz and

* A creep with a hair-cutting fetish at Amsterdam Central on a Friday night (don't remind me).

Yes, I've had my share of experiences that made me want to pull my hair out. Not to mention Freddie's recurring jokes (well, I hope they're jokes) about shaving one side of my head while I'm asleep!


Sadly, my tresses do need a trim every now and again. Although it can be quite a challenge to get it right behind my back, I've done it myself for the last 4 or 5 years.

Last weekend, though, I spotted some split ends and asked Freddie. Just like that. Hadn't thought about it, just asked. And he did. As I sat on the edge of the sofa and heard the scissors snip away behind my back, that horrible what-have-I-done-there's-no-way-back feeling overtook me. It helped me sit as still as I could, which, I guess, is a good thing. Comments like "hold on, I think it's a bit shorter now on this side" and "I hope this isn't too much" didn't help though.

All-in-all, he lopped off about 5 or 6 inches (rather than the requested 5 or 6 cm).

But guess what - I still have lots of hair left. And it looks good. It looks great, even.
Far better than it would be, had I done it myself.

So thank you, Freddie.

It helps as well that I've been using a new shampoo, conditioner and leave-in conditioner by Mixed Chicks. It's my best hair-discovery since Aussi Miracle Moist shampoo (just the shampoo - the conditioner is not that special. And the Miracle Frizz range doesn't really solve my frizz-problem either). There are other products that make my locks feel soft and bouncy, and there are other products that really define my curls (especially Tesco's Smooth Coconut Conditioner. It's a real shame they stopped selling it!). But as far as I can recall, Mixed Chicks is the only product range that makes my hair look and feel good at the same time - and the effect lasts for 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment